Brisket is very well known to some famlies. others not so much. In our family we never ever ate brisket. We had pot roasts, but no brisket.
So let me know if your a brisket family, or a pot roast family.
National Brisket Day
Five Food Finds about Brisket
- Brisket is a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of beef or veal.
- The beef brisket is one of the eight beef primal cuts.
- The brisket muscles include the superficial and deep pectorals.
- As cattle do not have collar bones, these muscles support about 60% of the body weight of standing/moving cattle.
- This requires a significant amount of connective tissue, so the resulting meat must be cooked correctly to tenderize the connective tissue.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1892 The Sierra Club is formed in San Francisco for nature conservation.
1897 Jell-O was introduced.
1910 T-Bone Walker, blues guitarist, was born in Linden, Texas.
1944 Gladys Knight was born. (Gladys Knight & the Pips) A ‘Pip’ is the small seed of a fruit, like those in an apple.
1999 After 22 years of controversial restoration, Leonardo de…
View original post 28 more words